Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Orchard View High School is a public, magnet school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 627 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Orchard View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C110 Students
- B+98 Students
- B-97 Students
- A87 Students
- B+71 Students
- B68 Students
- A+48 Students
- C-35 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Orchard View High School Reviews
I have always prided myself with being able to fit into any environment. I did my best at Orchard View High School but I do think about how having a teacher of color could have impacted my high school career. Overall, I had a good experience. I enjoyed my history and science classes most and believe in my heart that all my teachers did their best to educate all students, and to provide a safe and friendly environment. I’m prepared to face my future and contribute to making America a great place to live!
Students have to actively seek out college preparation in order to receive it. There is a college advisor in the school, but she meets with students once and then only by appointment. Teachers put more emphasis on grades than learning. Not much support for low-performing or high-performing students. There is a dual-enrollment and early college program available with Muskegon Community College (across the street), but not much support available for participating students.
Orchard View has a mix of (average, some are good) teachers and students who seem to care more about drama than the material they're learning. It wasn't the best experience for me, but I did meet some of my best friends here. I was a drum major in the band, and that was really fun. I would like to see teachers who can handle students well (this was a problem in my junior year - we didn't do too much work because my teacher was easily distracted and they ended up talking with the more disruptive students more than once). Also, it's more obvious now, since it's winter, but Orchard View doesn't salt their driveways very well, and I had two friends of mine who got into accidents because of this.