Grand Valley State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.220 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.235 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.235 responses
Most Popular Majors
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching271 Graduates
Pre-Medicine Studies260 Graduates
Foundations of Education230 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration176 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems176 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 148 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.266 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.324 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.153 responses
Grand Valley State University Reviews
After transferring from a larger university to GVSU, it was the best decision I could have made for my college career. Professors here really do care about your learning and success, and are always there if you need something. You do not feel like just another number at this school. Advisors also do their best to ensure your success, and are available for extra resources. Campus is also beautiful! I enjoyed being downtown for the last 2 years, and the opportunities it provides.
Need healthier food options. Need some changes in some of the professors. Some professors treat each section they teach differently. They may offer less or more assignments compared to some of their other sections. This isn't fair. Students talk and word gets around quickly that their teacher is changing opportunities from class to class. Overall, great school!
The second I stepped on Grand Valley's campus for a tour, I felt at home. Being surrounded by nature as well as feeling safe walking around at night. The majority of professors want to see you succeed and will assist you in any way possible if you reach out. The resources here are phenomenal. There is free tutoring for students for every class if you are struggling or just want some extra help. The only thing I could change about Grand Valley is the way they handle sexual assaults/inform other students. Generally, when a sexual assault occurs and is reported, every student gets an email saying where it happened and a VERY vague description of the perpetrator; it doesn't tell us anything else. However, there are security hired through every apartment unit as well as cops doing rounds on weekends. I feel very safe for this reason. Overall, I love Grand Valley and all the activities it has to offer. It truly has a club/activity for everyone. Go Lakers!