Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Oakridge High School is a public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 557 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Oakridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C123 Students
- B+92 Students
- B91 Students
- A68 Students
- B+66 Students
- B51 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+41 Students
- C-38 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Oakridge High School Reviews
My experience for the past 14 years of my life in that building has been fun, scary, heart breaking, extraordinary, fantastic, and forever awesome! I have built respect, care, and trustworthiness with all of my teachers and substitute teachers that have taught the school as well. I have had and still have old friends, new friends, best friends, crushes, rivals, friendly enemies, and cool exchange students from around the world. I hope that I can continue my life and never ever stop learning, living, and being the unforgettable person that I am.
I liked everything about Oakridge, from the staff to the facilities it’s an all around phenomenal school. I have 2 kids that go there and I also attended Oakridge. They are also very accepting of new students. I have never seen or heard of any bullying or discrimination either. I would highly recommend!!
Oakridge High gave off a close-knit atmosphere. All the teachers knew their students well and watched them grow. Being a small community, you would expect smaller sports teams and clubs. I would change the choice of faculty, such as coaches. I believe the students need more high quality teachers/coaches.