Ferris State University is a practical, career-oriented institution that focuses on providing students with a personalized education experience that leads to success after graduation. How personal is a Ferris education? All courses are taught by faculty - we have no graduate assistants in the classroom. With 85% of our classes having fewer than 25 students, faculty know your name and what your goals are. The personal connections you build with them will help enhance your success because faculty provide recommendations to assist in securing jobs or entrance into graduate school. Outside the classroom, we offer comprehensive academic support services, vibrant student life opportunities, and a comprehensive program of leadership and career development. Our students thrive in our hands-on learning environment in all our 190+ degree programs.
Ferris State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.123 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.141 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.140 responses
Police and Criminal Science413 Graduates
Engineering Technician137 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering Technician113 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management112 Graduates
Healthcare Management98 Graduates
Graphic Design86 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.154 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.174 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.81 responses