Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Fruitport High School is a public school located in Fruitport, MI. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Fruitport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+170 Students
- C165 Students
- A124 Students
- B-122 Students
- A+79 Students
- B+79 Students
- B58 Students
- C-34 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Fruitport High School Reviews
We just got a brand new building catered to our needs. We have an amazing behavior system, and are given daily opportunities to earn tickets which are often drawn for prizes. Our school's counseling department is also amazing. They are easily approachable, and always ready to help!
My experiences with Fruitport High School, overall, have been pleasant. This school possesses a very close sense of community. One of my teachers once said: "If there's one thing I hold to be true about Fruitport, it's that the kids here are nice, genuine people." As I have seen, the character of the students is generally compassionate. Many times, I have witnessed the common tropes of high school dismantled. People from all 'groups' mingle, and never once have I even heard of a student being bullied. I am not saying no student faces hardship from his or her peers, but not to my knowledge at least. As an open member of the LGBT+ community, I have almost never experienced any discrimination from my peers nor the administration. Overall, kids at Fruitport High school are supportive of one another and dedicated to making sure no child feels out of place at his or her place of learning. It truly is the people who make the place, and I am glad to be a part of such a welcoming community.
I am a recent graduate of Fruitport High School. Overall, this is a great community and school system, but I definitely was not prepared for the real world of college. The staff were excellent and all my teachers throughout my 4 years cared about each of their students academically and personally. But the classes offered were limited and I did not have enough direction on how to take advantage of honors or advanced placement classes.