Saratoga High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+107 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+88 Students
- A74 Students
- A+68 Students
- A60 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Saratoga High School Reviews
Review Saratoga High School
I liked my experience at SHS! Overall, it's a great community with great academics and opportunities to get involved with the student body. It's kind of cliche but your experience is "you get out what you put in." It's easy to abstain from activities, but if you really want the best experience possible, I suggest joining clubs, sports, and going to the many many events SHS hosts. The teachers I've had are mostly great, with a few exceptions, but I feel like they all do want me to succeed (except for maybe one or two). I've always found the student body to be supportive and generally good people, but I know some who do not share my viewpoint on that. I super duper suggest you join MAP bc it's the best family to be a part of :)
I really like the freedom and variety of activities to join in at the school. For example, if you have a free period, you don't have to be at school. We usually have block schedules, which makes this a big deal because students with free periods can either get to school more than an hour later, go home more than an hour earlier, or have more than an hour of time to catch up on their work in between classes. Also, students can basically go off campus whenever they don't have class. At my old school this was definitely not the case. I found this to be unique, but maybe all other high schools around here are like that too. Also, most people at this school are very nice and willing to help if you have problems on your homework, as long as you aren't too whiny or rude. This is a good school, and students have the chance to develop what they want to in themselves because of all the possibilities. The school also has a free counseling/therapy center where students can go to for assistance if they ever feel stressed out about anything. The school offers many opportunities and services, and these are only a few interesting facts!
Overall pretty great experience at this school. Students can be very cliquey but majority of students are nice. Prepares students very well for the future but that all comes with a price. The competition and pressure at Saratoga is something that cannot ignored and often creates an unhealthy mental environment, but some would say that it is worth getting into top colleges. The english department teachers are great but all the other subjects could use better teachers. School spirit is sometimes lacking but overall great sports and clubs. Students at this school are very sheltered due to their environment but the way the school prepares the students is fantastic.