Granada Hills Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+758 Students
- B586 Students
- A+470 Students
- A+469 Students
- A462 Students
- A+459 Students
- A371 Students
- A328 Students
- A+287 Students
- A-264 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.99 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.99 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.110 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.161 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.161 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.161 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.165 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.165 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.165 responses
Granada Hills Charter High School Reviews
Review Granada Hills Charter High School
This high school is pretty admirable, being the number one charter school in the nation. It has amazing academic success rates and the extra curricular clubs/ classes are truly an experience you won't want to miss! The culture is much better compared to the other high schools because at Granada we prioritize doing the best we can and constantly improving.
I found a home in Granada Hills Charter High School. My peers were relatives, and my Speech team especially was my immediate family away from my actual one. While the courses I took were incredibly challenging, the help I received from my teachers, peers, and counselor made it all worth it. I fell in love with the positive and friendly environment, and have made unforgettable memories with my GBF cohort and Speech and Debate team. It's just disappointing that getting into the school has become increasingly difficult, leaving only a select few to experience the wonders of Granada that I and my peers have been delighted with. I do hope that Granada does expand to accept more students (while keeping the student-teacher ratio at a minimum) because everyone seeking both a nationally-recognized academic powerhouse and a safe, friendly environment will surely find it in Granada, and thus should have the opportunity of experiencing that.
Honestly, my high school experience could have went a lot better. If I were more involved in sports, clubs, activities, and if I put myself out there more and was more social, then I think I would have had a great time. I didn't participate because I was too focused on maintaining straight A's, and it has taken me four years to realize that grades aren't everything. I realized that although grades are important, taking a step back and getting a breath of fresh air is just as important. I did, however, attend a few of the football games, and I thought they were really exciting. Being a part of the crowd and rooting for our football team was so fun! Also watching the cheerleaders and dance team perform was a good time. I think the high level of diversity makes the school unique because no matter which part of the school you are looking at, you will meet people from all types of heritages. I would choose this school again if I could do it all over because it is an excellent school with appropriate teachers and a variety of activities to choose from.