Phillips Exeter Academy is an elite, private, boarding school located in Exeter, NH. It has 1,085 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $49,880 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Phillips Exeter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+173 Students
- A+150 Students
- A+147 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+107 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+95 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Phillips Exeter Academy Reviews
I am certain that I have received an excellent education at PEA. While Harkness learning often seems like an easy road to take, these discussion based classes were more than rigorous and continuously challenged our critical thinking skills. My only concern with Exeter's approach to learning is that the rigor of Exeter academics often leaves students questioning their abilities. This sentiment is shared by a majority of its students, and this feeling of "not being smart enough" can follow its graduates into their college years. While I recognize the doors open to me after completing my high school years here, I also recognize that the self-deprecation build within its students goes beyond humility.
Going to Phillips Academy has been a life-changing experience. Learning is actually fun, for once. The teachers are passionate about what they do and the extracurricular options are so diverse.Even if it can sometimes be rough, I have learned and will continue to learn a crazy amount here. I have made some amazing and out of the world friends. I recommend this school to anyone who has the opportunity and academic qualifications to get in.
Exeter has been and will always be home for me. It was in many ways even more difficult academically than college as the grind never stopped: classes from early morning to 6pm, a lot of homework each night and difficult papers. But it was the one place where I learned for the sake of learning, and I never felt that I was wasting my time. Exeter changed me and I grew up so much in those four years. I learned how to live in a dorm and made incredible friends. Exeter pushed me academically through the best classes and the best teachers in the world to learn more and more everyday and the Harkness method really deepened my understanding of any subject as well as my excitement and love for the topics we were discussing. The campus is beautiful and the town has many nice places to eat such as a mexican place, a couple of sandwich places, a few higher-end restaurants as well.There is a big and beautiful forest in school grounds.