Phillips Exeter Academy is a top rated, private, boarding school located in Exeter, NH. It has 1,085 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $49,880 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Phillips Exeter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+183 Students
- A+160 Students
- A+159 Students
- A+138 Students
- A+135 Students
- A+126 Students
- A+122 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+99 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Phillips Exeter Academy Reviews
Phillips Exeter Academy is an amazing institution with renowned facilities, faculty, and alumni. The financial aid is unmatched; I will be forever grateful for the generous financial aid package that my family received. It's a diverse school, and although it's not always perfect in handling issues surrounding equity and inclusion, it's definitely a school that tries really hard to make sure each student feels safe. Stress levels are extremely high here, the workload is intense, and the New Hampshire winters can be extremely dreary, but I have made the best friendships here and have grown so much, both academically and personally. Even through the tough times, I have never regretted saying Yes to Exeter and I know that its all worth it. Additionally, it IS possible to have fun here! Even in a small town, we find ways to just live life and be teenagers.
Exeter has such a strong support system for the students there! The school listens to suggestions and they organize fun events and bring awareness to social issues around the world. It is incredibly, academically rigorous but you will feel welcome and respected by your peers, teachers and friends. I guarantee you will leave feeling fulfilled.
Exeter has been one of the greatest things to ever happen to me and it's only been my first year! When people are asked what they like most about Exeter, they kind of just say "the people" as a default, but it's honestly so true. There are 1100 people, but anyone can find a community through various groups. My dorm has been one of my favorite places on campus with the greatest people and I'm glad to be here. Sure, the work is challenging, but everyone pushes me to work harder and do well. I hope to experience more in the future.