Saginaw Valley State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.94 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.101 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies92 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services92 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science82 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies76 Graduates
Business Administration and Management55 Graduates
Elementary Education52 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.103 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.124 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.67 responses
Saginaw Valley State University Reviews
Review Saginaw Valley State University
SVSU is great for those who want a family-like experience in school. The small campus and class sizes give you more opportunity to communicate with the professors one-on-one. The school is close to the mall, restaurants and local areas. STARS bus lines run through the campus as well so it is easy to go shopping. If I would change anything it would be to add more Asian language classes and cultural classes. There aren't many courses about Asian culture which would bring in more students. There are a variety of clubs and activities for the students, such as the East Asian Culture Club created by myself! SVSU gives you the opportunity to lead and participate.
Overall, I have had a good experience at SVSU. There is something for everyone here - a club, a sport, an opportunity, you name it! The administration cares about student input. You can be hit or miss with professors depending on the department, but that is true of any University. It's a great day to be a Cardinal!
A very close-knit community, but at the same time you are always meeting new people. I have had wonderful opportunities, connections, and experiences within even my first year and a half! The campus is very well kept and is almost like a park in my opinion. The food is pretty good and the dorms are amazing.