Saginaw Valley State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.94 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.101 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.101 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies92 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services92 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science82 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies76 Graduates
Business Administration and Management55 Graduates
Elementary Education52 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.103 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.124 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.67 responses
Saginaw Valley State University Reviews
Review Saginaw Valley State University
Overall, I have had a good experience at SVSU. There is something for everyone here - a club, a sport, an opportunity, you name it! The administration cares about student input. You can be hit or miss with professors depending on the department, but that is true of any University. It's a great day to be a Cardinal!
A very close-knit community, but at the same time you are always meeting new people. I have had wonderful opportunities, connections, and experiences within even my first year and a half! The campus is very well kept and is almost like a park in my opinion. The food is pretty good and the dorms are amazing.
Campus housing is great ! The RA's are friendly and always helpful, I remember once our sink broke and the RA on duty came right over to see what happened and he called a repair man right away and even helped us clean it up a bit! First year suites are known as the worst housing but it was still great! There is a friendly atmosphere and you feel comfortable meeting people and there are kitchens and private bathrooms! Most roommates are matched well and there aren't many cases of roommates all out fighting, and if you start fighting your RA will happily help work it out. Overall Housing is great!