Eastern Michigan University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.187 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.189 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.188 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education243 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities200 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services199 Graduates
Business Administration and Management118 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.224 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.267 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 139 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.142 responses
Eastern Michigan University Reviews
Eastern's campus isn't huge so everything is nearby and close together. It's mostly a commuter school though. Living in the dorms is nice because of the proximity to classes being so close but the food isn't much of a highlight. Eastern offers mostly Monday - Thursday classes. It's actually difficult to find Friday courses, giving a large majority of students a three day weekend! Events that occur on campus usually end up going Monday - Thursday as well, but if you're staying on campus during the three-day weekend there's not much around. There are nearby parks and Depot Town, but not very much after that. If you go a bit further, Ann Arbor is not too far away and a great place to hang out at! For incoming freshman, orientation is really awesome (even if you're not commuting). The best way to have fun is to be a part of something!
I love this school. It tends to have a bad reputation, especially from where I come from, but I have nothing but great things to say about it. Campus culture is very work oriented, many people here are ready to really earn their way to what they want to do. Eastern is very community based, and that is shown in Ypsilanti, and the kind people around you. Very diverse student body. EMU tends to be too focused on the work at times, which is never a bad thing, but we could learn to relax. You have to work to get the experience that you want. Don't expect to pay tuition and love it - get involved, talk to your professors, do community service, look into study abroad, talk to your classmates, do research! There is plenty there if you grab it.
Eastern Michigan University has a very diverse population, so students can easily interact with other cultures that they may have never been exposed to. It has so many clubs and activities to allow for everyone to find their place in the college, and if there isn't a club that someone was hoping to take part of it's super easy to start one! The intimate class sizes allows for a very close relationship with the professors and an overall better learning experience. The people there truly make you feel at home. They also have fantastic majors for a wide variety of students.