Stuyvesant High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+528 Students
- A+463 Students
- A+457 Students
- A-258 Students
- A+258 Students
- A+239 Students
- A+234 Students
- A-224 Students
- A+197 Students
- A+193 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.80 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.112 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.121 responses
Stuyvesant High School Reviews
Review Stuyvesant High School
Choosing to attend Stuyvesant is one of the best choices I've ever made. I love the inspiring people here, the challenging courses, the passionate teachers, and the diverse selection of after school activities. Though almost no one thinks English, social science, or arts when they think of Stuy, those are my favorite parts of Stuy. Of course, there's plenty for math and science people. But our other departments are just as strong, and arts and humanities people should not be scared of coming here!
Yes, Stuyvesant definitely does have a reputation of being competitive and while ther are those students who are cut-throat, throughout my time there, I have also met many kind-hearted and genuine students who are not only ambitious, driven, and hard-working, but are also extremely interested in helping out their fellow classmates. Studnets are not only passionate about academics but about a variety of sports, and other activities as well which can be showcased by our annual SING! performance. Becuase of the school's location, Stuyvesant students become independent and learn more than just academics by attending the school.
If you are one of the brightest and most talented kids in New York City, Stuyvesant is the place for you! We have over 200 clubs so you'll definitely find activities that align with your interests. There will never be a day where you grow bored and certainly not a day where you haven't learned anything. WARNING: Stuy can be an extremely and I mean extremely tough school which will most likely take a toll on you at some point mentally, physically, and emotionally. If you can't handle the stress of a high-performing, competitive environment with terribly difficult courses, you might want to rethink your decision of coming on board...