Lane Tech College Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A891 Students
- A+861 Students
- A-824 Students
- A-530 Students
- A+512 Students
- A+405 Students
- A+334 Students
- B-295 Students
- B244 Students
- A+243 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.279 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.280 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 1,188 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.289 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.289 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.289 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.370 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.370 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.370 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.397 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.398 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.398 responses
Lane Tech College Prep High School Reviews
Review Lane Tech College Prep High School
This school is a school like no other. What i truly love about Lane is that it provides its students with a true high school experience. And no, not that cool kids vs lame kids experience. It helps you in creating friendships with people from different backgrounds and values. Our ethnicities are celebrated during International days, which is a week in which ethnic cubs perform their ethnic dances. The teachers truly care for their students and their education. There are hundreds of clubs and activities and if you don't find one right for you, then you can make one! It is very easy to find a place to fit in and people are open minded and truly friendly. We get to have open campus lunch and go wherever we want to eat. Parents and teachers are highly invested in supporting students and helping them achieve their goals. We have the best sports team, which is why we call ourselves the School of Champions. I am so lucky to say I attend Lane Tech High school. Go Indians!
Lane Tech is a high school that holds so much diversity. You'll make awesome friends and connections with teachers that will help bring you up and succeed in life. Being in a selective enrollment high school really pushes you to do your best and counselors are constantly mentioning college, including AP exams, enrichment programs, scholarship/financial aid info, and application deadlines. Aside from the academic portion, Lane Tech is really big on sports! Our school holds the most clubs and sports (boys, girls, coed) in the whole city of Chicago! Being a LT student is challenging, but worth the excitement.
I loved Lane Tech! It was an experience that I will never forget and I never realized that I would still be encountering Lane Tech Alumni so often now that I've graduated. I still feel like I received the best quality education at such a diverse school. However, I would like to see more courses that assist students going towards pre-professional tracks. They have many opportunities within the school for students with artistic and engineering interests, but the rest of the students who are interested in pre-professional tracks often only have the option of taking one or two courses that actually interest them.