Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+627 Students
- A+459 Students
- A+286 Students
- A272 Students
- A-244 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+227 Students
- A221 Students
- C+191 Students
- A+172 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.90 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.90 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.109 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.144 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.144 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.144 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.140 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.140 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.140 responses
Polytechnic High School Reviews
Review Polytechnic High School
Polytechnic High School provided me an education that not only challenged me, but also one that ensured I understood the information being taught. As the years have progressed, teachers have caused students to become more independent, creating skills such as the ability to study and teach themselves. Although difficult for some students, it teaches them necessary skills while teachers are still there for anyone as well as additional resources (library, tutoring, etc.). In addition to the educational background, Poly also provides one with an environment in which diversity thrives and is accepted. This school also excels in the sports department. In fact, our football team often brings students together and gives them school spirit. My only complaints about Poly is the lack of participation by the principals, who none of the students know the name of. There are also problems with the restrooms being clean enough and taken care of.
Even if I had the chance, I would never change my experience at Long Beach Polytechnic High School. Every Friday night, the football stands were filled with small children, energetic students, and proud alumni. Green and gold was painted across the stadium as our team plowed through each and every opponent all the way to state finals. When athletics is paired with excellent choral, instrumental, theater, and academic programs, Long Beach Poly stands out as one of the state's most impressive schools. As soon as a visitor walks on campus, he will notice the diverse population of students. Students come from vastly different socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. Nonetheless, each person touched by this school shares a common pride for everything Poly has accomplished.
I love my school. The people in CIC are fantastic, funny, smart and just fun people in general. I can relate to many students. My favorite experiences would have to be with the music program, especially jazz and marching band. I have been in jazz band since freshman year and currently am in the top band. The teacher is great, the people are amazing and everyone is so talented. I feel like I fit in here and I wouldn't have it any other way. If I could do it all over again, I would most definitely choose Poly. The teachers, administrators and students are overall fantastic people I love being around every day. Everyday something new and exciting happens, you never really know what to expect! It truly does all happen at Poly.