Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+737 Students
- A+522 Students
- A327 Students
- A+318 Students
- A-276 Students
- A+269 Students
- A+261 Students
- A257 Students
- C+220 Students
- A212 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.92 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.92 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.111 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.146 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.146 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.146 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.142 responses
Polytechnic High School Reviews
Review Polytechnic High School
Long Beach Polytechnic holds motivating and challenging teachers and coaches with the addition of available resources in many locations (e.g. library, hicks gallery, career center, after school tutoring, etc). The school's academic architecture maintains a place for AP classes for all students regardless of their pathways. Moreover, coaches are punctual and teammates are around to help one another. There is a slight lack in racial diversity in the "best" pathway (PACE), but students still pursuing excellence. Alternatively, the school actively allows members of the LGBTQ+ community welcomed, as well as people of other religions, and ethnicities. In fact, there are over 150 clubs that people can join to feel even more inclusive. Potential and hopefully changes include the decrease in litter found all around campus, the return of Home Economics class, and the revival of the greenhouse. Long Beach Polytechnic offers students and parents it's best, even if it is located in the "ghetto".
Polytechnic High School provided me an education that not only challenged me, but also one that ensured I understood the information being taught. As the years have progressed, teachers have caused students to become more independent, creating skills such as the ability to study and teach themselves. Although difficult for some students, it teaches them necessary skills while teachers are still there for anyone as well as additional resources (library, tutoring, etc.). In addition to the educational background, Poly also provides one with an environment in which diversity thrives and is accepted. This school also excels in the sports department. In fact, our football team often brings students together and gives them school spirit. My only complaints about Poly is the lack of participation by the principals, who none of the students know the name of. There are also problems with the restrooms being clean enough and taken care of.
Even if I had the chance, I would never change my experience at Long Beach Polytechnic High School. Every Friday night, the football stands were filled with small children, energetic students, and proud alumni. Green and gold was painted across the stadium as our team plowed through each and every opponent all the way to state finals. When athletics is paired with excellent choral, instrumental, theater, and academic programs, Long Beach Poly stands out as one of the state's most impressive schools. As soon as a visitor walks on campus, he will notice the diverse population of students. Students come from vastly different socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. Nonetheless, each person touched by this school shares a common pride for everything Poly has accomplished.