Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+627 Students
- A+459 Students
- A+286 Students
- A272 Students
- A-244 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+227 Students
- A221 Students
- C+191 Students
- A+172 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.90 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.90 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.109 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.144 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.144 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.144 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.140 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.140 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.140 responses
Polytechnic High School Reviews
Review Polytechnic High School
Even if I had the chance, I would never change my experience at Long Beach Polytechnic High School. Every Friday night, the football stands were filled with small children, energetic students, and proud alumni. Green and gold was painted across the stadium as our team plowed through each and every opponent all the way to state finals. When athletics is paired with excellent choral, instrumental, theater, and academic programs, Long Beach Poly stands out as one of the state's most impressive schools. As soon as a visitor walks on campus, he will notice the diverse population of students. Students come from vastly different socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. Nonetheless, each person touched by this school shares a common pride for everything Poly has accomplished.
I love my school. The people in CIC are fantastic, funny, smart and just fun people in general. I can relate to many students. My favorite experiences would have to be with the music program, especially jazz and marching band. I have been in jazz band since freshman year and currently am in the top band. The teacher is great, the people are amazing and everyone is so talented. I feel like I fit in here and I wouldn't have it any other way. If I could do it all over again, I would most definitely choose Poly. The teachers, administrators and students are overall fantastic people I love being around every day. Everyday something new and exciting happens, you never really know what to expect! It truly does all happen at Poly.
Highly recommend you go here, no pun intended. But in all seriousness, it is a good campus. Despite it's size rivaling the largest in the country, there's a genuine sense of family and closeness as well as providing a sense of diversity within. Center of International Curriculum, or CIC, is a good program to enroll when considering the different academies. I've had amazing, stellar teachers who have shaped my into the young adult today, and I developed close relationships with most of them. Only downside is some of the buildings are outdated and lack air conditioning, easily flooded, and the area has been known for it's sketchy dealings and other outside influences that may make the campus seem unsafe for you and/or your child. Otherwise, it's a great campus.