Westlake High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+420 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+113 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+84 Students
- B+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Westlake High School Reviews
Review Westlake High School
I think overall, the students at Westlake feel pressured to do better. Freshmen are taking all Advanced Placement classes and Juniors feel like they don't have enough time in the day to do all of the tasks required of them. I think overall, Westlake is a great school if your kid wants to excel in everything. Socially, it is a little hard to fit into, but once senior year comes around, you are pretty much friends with everybody. The teachers here are excellent, especially in AP classes. One tip I would have is to not focus all four years on getting that "perfect gpa", because honestly, that is not the only factor that gets you into college - so chill! My time at Westlake was great, the school spirit is fantastic, even when the sports teams are not. Go Chaps!
Going to school at Westlake guarantees an academically rigorous experience. The community of students are focused on getting high grades, going to a good school and sports. While this is a generalization, the environment is extremely competitive and intimidating. Most of the students are wealthy, so there is an element of privilege that is seeped into the community. The teachers are hit or miss at the school, and there is many opportunities extracurricular wise. Students are given endless resources to guarantee a thriving education.
What I really enjoyed about my experience at Westlake High School was that it did not follow the stereotype of what most believe to be a high school experience. Westlake High School time and time again proved to be a place where teachers were dedicated to watching their students succeed and a place where kids were kind and supportive of one and other. Something I would like to see change at Westlake High School would be to reduce the intensity of the competitive environment. Although I believe it is important to challenge students, Westlake is sometimes a place where students can be pushed beyond their limits.