Westlake High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+466 Students
- A+225 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+122 Students
- A-119 Students
- A-98 Students
- A+92 Students
- A90 Students
- A+89 Students
- B+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Westlake High School Reviews
Review Westlake High School
The Academics are off the chart and allow students to really challenge themselves. All of the Teachers genuinely want to be there and it shows in the classroom. The teachers' passion in the classroom helps prepare students for College by throughly engaging them. There are more Clubs & Activities here to participate in than can be listed. The school's Safety is never something students or parents have to worry about, because there are two Travis County Sheriff Officers and countless security guards on campus at all times. The School Culture is amazing, everyone here is highly supportive of everyone else(the entire district is this way). The Administration does a great job of managing the school while allowing students to feel comfortable in their environment. Once a month the cafeteria staff grill outside while Student Bands perform live in the courtyard. There is no better district than Eanes ISD, and no better high school than Westlake. Go Chaps!
The classes at Westlake High School in Austin, TX have provided the rigor I need. You have many choices of AP classes and the teacher support has been great. Teachers have early morning tutoring and answer emails in the same day. Westlake has a wide variety of extra-curricular activities to choose from and the counselors hold many sessions to inform us of colleges application procedures and help when we need it...for anything! The school has also started a culture of SEL.
I think overall, the students at Westlake feel pressured to do better. Freshmen are taking all Advanced Placement classes and Juniors feel like they don't have enough time in the day to do all of the tasks required of them. I think overall, Westlake is a great school if your kid wants to excel in everything. Socially, it is a little hard to fit into, but once senior year comes around, you are pretty much friends with everybody. The teachers here are excellent, especially in AP classes. One tip I would have is to not focus all four years on getting that "perfect gpa", because honestly, that is not the only factor that gets you into college - so chill! My time at Westlake was great, the school spirit is fantastic, even when the sports teams are not. Go Chaps!