Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Washburn District High School is a public school located in Washburn, ME. It has 100 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1.
Washburn District High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+29 Students
- B-19 Students
- B19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+9 Students
- A+6 Students
- C6 Students
- A+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Washburn District High School
- C-Fort Fairfield Middle/High School
- Regional School Unit No. 86 (MSAD 86), ME
- 32 reviews
- BPresque Isle High School
- Regional School Unit No. 79 (MSAD 79), ME
- 115 reviews
- B-Caribou High School
- Regional School Unit No. 39 (MSAD 39), ME
- 74 reviews
- C-Ashland District School
- Regional School Unit No. 32 (MSAD 32), ME
- PK, K-12
- 22 reviews
Washburn District High School Reviews
I have been going to Washburn District High School since I was in pre-school. During my senior year, I have been able to manage soccer, basketball, cross country, track and field, and play softball. I also am the Yearbook Editor, Class President, and the National Honor Society President. The atmosphere of Washburn District High School is such a safe environment. Everyone knows everyone and that is what I like most about my school.
Unfortunately at Washburn there are staffing problems which makes it difficult to learn in the classroom. The teachers we do have although very committed to student success are overworked and exhausted before the day is over. Washburn has always been very committed to the sports teams which sometimes draws attention away from the education if the students. Washburn is not a bad school, it is a school who unfortunately has made some bad decisions that effected a lot of people.
I loved the small school experience. Some of the administration was changing around when I attended so it got a little chaotic at times. Would like to see more stability and stronger leadership.