Bowdoin (bo-d'n) may surprise you. Situated in a coastal Maine town, we produce leading scholars, innovators, and humanitarians. Alumni include Reed Hastings (CEO/founder of Netflix) and DeRay Mckesson (Black Lives Matter). Students balance rigorous academics with the fun of more than 100 student clubs. Unfamiliar with Maine? We have beaches, mountains, food trucks, and upscale restaurants. We sport L.L.Bean boots while engaging in social justice and community service. Bowdoin students, diverse in backgrounds and interests, are funded by an annual financial aid budget of $35 million.
Bowdoin College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.44 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.44 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.30 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.50 responses
After Bowdoin College
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Bowdoin College Reviews
Bowdoin is unique in the sense that everyone is always welcome. You will not be stopped at the door because you don't know a fraternity brother. Since there's no greek life, almost everyone is accepting. People are generally kind and funny.
The food is also phenomenal. It's not ranked #1 because of saturating fatty creme brulee every meal. It's ranked #1 because the food is healthy and delicious. The salad options are amazing. There's waffles every breakfast. There's all types of cuisines from korean bibimbap to tapa style entrees.