Bowdoin (bo-d'n) may surprise you. Situated in a coastal Maine town, we produce leading scholars, innovators, and humanitarians. Alumni include Reed Hastings (CEO/founder of Netflix) and DeRay Mckesson (Black Lives Matter). Students balance rigorous academics with the fun of more than 100 student clubs. Unfamiliar with Maine? We have beaches, mountains, food trucks, and upscale restaurants. We sport L.L.Bean boots while engaging in social justice and community service. Bowdoin students, diverse in backgrounds and interests, are funded by an annual financial aid budget of $35 million.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.56 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.56 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.42 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.62 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Bowdoin College Reviews
For me, it was hard to make close friends at first. Everyone puts forward a version of themselves that they think others will like, and I found myself growing close to people with whom, as I got to know them, I did not necessarily want to stay close. It's rough the first few months, but it gets better.