Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Fort Fairfield Middle/High School is a public school located in Fort Fairfield, ME. It has 266 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Fort Fairfield Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B29 Students
- C+22 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-11 Students
- C10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Fort Fairfield Middle/High School
- C+Washburn District High School
- Regional School Unit No. 45 (MSAD 45), ME
- 40 reviews
- B-Caribou High School
- Regional School Unit No. 39 (MSAD 39), ME
- 74 reviews
- BPresque Isle High School
- Regional School Unit No. 79 (MSAD 79), ME
- 115 reviews
- CCentral Aroostook Junior/Senior High School
- Regional School Unit No. 42 (MSAD 42), ME
- 11 reviews
Fort Fairfield Middle/High School Reviews
Fort Fairfield is overall a very good school, however, it lacks diversity which can be very hard for some children. The teachers are excellent but, the academics are poor in which they do not challenge the kids enough.
Fort Fairfield school system is made up of a caring staff. Some instructors are very engaging and dynamic, while others might want to think about a different profession. Students could and do succeed in this small, rural community, despite limited economic prospects. May need their neighbors to help with career- minded vocations.
The small class size and availability of the teachers is a plus. The school does offer opportunities for students to be better prepared for college. However, it also appears the new move to a performance based education to be something akin to teaching to the middle, rather than teaching to the various student levels in the class.