Maine at Presque Isle is a public university located in Presque Isle, Maine. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 716 undergraduate students. The Maine at Presque Isle acceptance rate is 95%. Popular majors include Liberal Arts and Humanities, Business, and Criminal Justice and Safety Studies. Graduating 29% of students, Maine at Presque Isle alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $23,600.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.8 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.8 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.8 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities33 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies14 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services13 Graduates
Physical Therapy Technician10 Graduates
Elementary Education9 Graduates
Environmental Science6 Graduates
Athletic Training5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.8 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.11 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
University of Maine at Presque Isle Reviews
I love all my classes and professors; they really care about their students and listen to what they need. Food has many options for every meal and has options for vegetarians. There is now dairy free milk options as well. Presque Isle is very small but has everything a student needs in the Walmart and local stores. There are many off campus food options really close down Maine Street.
My experience has been that it is a very welcoming, tight-knit community. I have really enjoyed my time at UMPI in the Athletic Training program.
I attended umpi years ago and am currently in the process of returning to complete my degree. I have always found them very helpful and the atmosphere welcoming.