COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
To increase the safety of our students and employees and reduce the potential of activity spreading the novel coronavirus we have moved all staff, faculty, and students except essential services (safety and well-being) to remote work workforce until Monday, April 6. Next steps will be determined in keeping with CDC guidelines and the University of Maine System. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC-
- Branch of
- University of Maine
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is a multi-campus, public university located in the state’s largest metropolitan hubs with three distinct campuses in Portland, Gorham, and Lewiston. USM offers a low public tuition and a robust selection of more than 100 on-campus and online courses and degree programs in a variety of disciplines.
USM’s faculty members include Fulbright and Guggenheim Fellows, advisors to state and local government, and acclaimed authors all dedicated to helping USM students put classroom theory into real-world practice by becoming involved in community issues. Through active and service-learning, USM is committed to community engagement both for the benefit of our students and the world around us, evidence that especially in a small state, motivated people can make a big difference.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.53 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.53 responses
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.52 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.72 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses