University of Southern Maine Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.47 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses
University of Southern Maine Reviews
University of Southern Maine has a friendly environment. It is very easy to find your way around campus because it is fairly small. There are also a ton of maps around to help you on your way. If there are no maps around, asking someone would do the trick! The professors are willing to help you with any issues or concerns. They have an excellent tutoring program at USM that is free as well! There are so many different ways to succeed here!
I've enjoyed my first semester at USM. The school overall is okay! I love the Music Department. I'm a Music Education Major, and I couldn't be happier in my department. I love the music staff and most of my classes. The food is okay, The campus is okay, there's a town square that's in walking distance with Hannafords, Goodwill, Burger King, Rite Aid, and theres a shuttle that takes you to the Portland Campus, and downtown Portland is about a 20 minute walk from there.
I really liked the area! It was close to the city and stores, which I liked. Their open house was great, I learned a lot about the college. The campus was beautiful. The area felt safe as well. They have two campuses, and they have a bus to drive students between them. I've been accepted and am planning on attending this year. I can't wait until 2019 when they finish making new dorms on their second campus.