Pierce City High School is an above average, public school located in Pierce City, MO. It has 198 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Pierce City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+47 Students
- C37 Students
- B-34 Students
- C+25 Students
- B17 Students
- A16 Students
- A15 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Pierce City High School
- BEast Newton High School
- East Newton County R-VI School District, MO
- 95 reviews
- B-Mt. Vernon High School
- Mt. Vernon R-V School District, MO
- 28 reviews
- B-Aurora High School
- Aurora R-VIII School District, MO
- 36 reviews
- B-Monett High School
- Monett R-I School District, MO
- 124 reviews
Pierce City High School Reviews
Pierce City High School is located in small town call Pierce City. The teachers and the staff are very helpful and most of the time, nice. They would always give you an opportunity to improve and if you take, you will be assure to get a good grade in that class. Pierce City High School has a lot of school spirit. During the school year of 2017-2018, the Student Council adviser started a little competition to see which class (class of 2018, class of 2019, class of 2020, class of 2021) would have the most spirit. This includes going to sports game, cheering the loudest for your grade, etc. Pierce City High School has the good atmosphere of a simple high school life.
Pierce City High School is a small public school in rural Missouri. Although it is a small school it is full of opportunities through its multiple clubs, sports programs and dual credit classes. Through participating in clubs such as being a member in the National FFA Organization I have been able to earn the chance to go to Louisville Kentucky, Indianapolis Indiana, and compete against my peers at the FFA State Convention in Columbia Missouri. Through the dual credit classes I have been able to get a head start on college credit hours.
I love the small town life. I loving driving down the road and being able to wave at just about everyone. Pierce City is great not only for the supportive community, but the staff. Teachers love helping their students out and it's really helpful. Also, you're not just your teacher's student, but their friend.