Southeast Missouri State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FCS
Ohio Valley Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.49 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.52 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.52 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities155 Graduates
Business Administration and Management95 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences81 Graduates
Corrections and Corrections Administration64 Graduates
Elementary Education62 Graduates
Industrial Production Technician58 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.75 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.90 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses
Colleges like Southeast Missouri State University
- B-Three Rivers Community College - Missouri
- 2 Year
- Poplar Bluff, MO
- 191 reviews
- B-Lindenwood University
- 4 Year
- Saint Charles, MO
- 751 reviews
- BMissouri State University
- 4 Year
- Springfield, MO
- 1,844 reviews
- BUniversity of Missouri - St. Louis
- 4 Year
- Saint Louis, MO
- 899 reviews
Southeast Missouri State University Reviews
Southeast is a great place to learn. The instructors and all staff are very professional and courteous. The services, such as Learning Assistance Programs, including tutoring, College Success Seminar, Educational Access Programs, Management and Student success are so accomodating. All students are given every opportunity to take advantage of the programs available designed to foster a learning and earning a degree. I absolutely love it!
Southeast Missouri State University serves as a beacon of hope for a town that's struggling to keep up with the rest of the world. There are college towns and then there are towns with colleges. Cape Girardeau is the latter. The University has been here to help make It has a wonderful study-abroad program that brings in students from foreign countries like China. This exposure to other cultures allows Cape Girardeau to open its arms and forces the city to interact with people are different than themselves. The university has also provided a space for LGBTQ+, black, and Muslim communities to grow and lean on each other in a town where opportunities for minorities are lacking. “SEMO,” like all places, has its ups and downs – strengths and weaknesses. But it’s trailblazing the way into the future for Cape Girardeau, an otherwise average town in the Midwest. If it weren’t for the University, there’d be no culture, no diversity, and most importantly – no growth.
I like the small class sizes which makes the student to professor ratio fairly small. This also helps with the professor's accessibility to meet your needs by being able to focus on a low number of students. Southeast Missouri State also contains emergency poles which immediately calls university police if you press the button in danger. If you are standing at one pole, it is guaranteed that you will be able to see another emergency pole with a blue light. There are minimal things I would like to change about this university, but I would like to see a change with the healthy food options. I enjoy eating fruits and vegetables as snacking food, but the ones available are not fresh nor appetizing. Overall a very good university with an effort to help students succeed.