- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Missouri Southern State University produces graduates ready to play active roles in the global world. Located in Joplin, Mo., in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, the University is within minutes from some of the greatest scenery and waterways in the nation.
Historic Route 66 runs through the city. Kansas City, Springfield, Branson, Tulsa and Fayetteville, Ark. are within one or two hours of campus, making Joplin a hub for educational, cultural, entertainment and recreational activities.
Missouri Southern serves nearly 6,000 students in more than 140 academic programs. MSSU's outstanding NCAA Division II athletics programs, award-winning Themed Semesters, fun student activities and enriching cultural events in theatre, art, music and film create an engaging learning environment for our students and citizens of the region. Our graduates work in their communities every day as leaders, entrepreneurs, artists, teachers and innovators.
Missouri Southern State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.38 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.38 responses
Police and Criminal Science129 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities93 Graduates
Health Professions92 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration80 Graduates
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic)51 Graduates
Elementary Education50 Graduates
Dental Hygiene39 Graduates
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.45 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.56 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses