- Joplin, MO
- 4 Year
Missouri Southern State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association
SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Most Popular Majors
Police and Criminal Science92 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration83 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities63 Graduates
Elementary Education62 Graduates
Health Care42 Graduates
Dental Hygiene36 Graduates
High School Education36 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.38 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.49 responses
After Missouri Southern State University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses
Missouri Southern State University Reviews
Review Missouri Southern State University
A lovely alternative to a large university but still gives you the pleasant experience of a four year college. The faculty is the sublime and care more about their students than I have ever seen. The Honors Program is the best thing to ever happen to me. The best part: the price for the quality. Overall, a great education at and incredibly reasonable price!
Missouri Southern State University is an excellent school to attend. I am a communication student at Southern and I have been offered countless opportunities. From studying abroad, and extra curricular activities to working in the Relations and Marketing office, I have gained so much experience in such a short amount of time!
I came from Hawaii to go to school at Missouri Southern. The small classes were really what drew me in to wanting to attend this school. It's nice to have some one on one time with your professors. I also love that the people are so friendly and helpful and point you in the right direction if you ever need it. I will be staying to finish my four years here!