Yale-New Haven Hospital Reviews

Staff is exceedingly passionate and helpful. I love working on interdisciplinary teams and seeing employees of different backgrounds connect. Overall driven environment.
I like that this company works with students who are in school. They are very open to changes in scheduling due to new semester changes. I have been working there for 8 years and I never received a hard time when needing to change my schedule. The only thing I would change is allowing students who are casual to also be able to get tuition reimbursement. Most of us can’t not work part time or full time because of classes. With the limited hours working, the reimbursement is needed even more.
Very busy hospital. Compensation is great, benefits are great. Newer employees don’t stay in the company for too long.
Start Your Review of Yale-New Haven Hospital
Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits and management. The pay could definitely be better, but overall the staff and work dynamic is one of a kind. I love everyone I work with, which makes the most different patients easy to tolerant and the day goes by with grace. Love my NEMG Yale family.
Yale New Haven is a very busy hospital but it is definitely an awesome place to learn and grow. Many people start off their career here since you are able to learn so much due to the high volume and acuity of the patients. My co-workers themselves are also super supportive and encouraging of one's success.
I love working at yale, it is a great environment not only to work but also to learn. id like to go back to school and get a healthcare degree and be able to help patients out.
I would like to see a more hands on manager with all employees. What I would like to see a change in the work place is favoritism amongst co-workers. Less chattering throughout the work day.
Everyone goes so far out of their way to be helpful. Most of the people I’ve met are incredibly smart and friendly.
Great Job for an intern. Happy that work is very flexible with my schedule. The hospital is quite large with a diverse patient population. Food carts nearby are quite good, while the location, as most hospitals is a little far from things. Nice facilities, the Physician’s Building main hospital, and research facility are all connected, which is great and shows the strengths of this research university.
As a PCA having worked here for 2 years, I have been pretty happy overall with YNHH. I have been blessed to work with some wonderful people, and on top of that the benefits and tuition reimbursement program have aided me greatly.
I absolutely enjoy my time at Yale-New Haven Hospital. I am very blessed to have given the opportunity to grow and understand the options presented myself and my future. I have an amazing work team, you give me the ability and chance to advance my studies and understanding of the field around me. Not only do I get to see first-hand experiences of what my future could look like but also meet people from all different backgrounds and understand empathically where patients are coming from when coming into such a hectic environment.
Positive and rewarding. Very pleased with the entire culture. I always feel work feeling like I was valued and made a difference and my work never goes underappreciated.
I love my job! I work with a great group of people. My experience here has been great so far and I am looking forward to growing in my department.
Yale is an excellent place to work. It is well diverse and an excellent patient care facility. They cares about patient's well-being and excellent customer service to all.
I am Yale New Haven.
We all are proud to work within the excellent community of YNHH. It is like a family, as a Health System we are very patient- oriented.
We have satellite locations throughout the state providing the best in what healthcare can offer.
I enjoy working for Yale New Haven Health Systems. I am able to attend college and progress my career here. I am easily able to balance a healthy work/personal life. The benefit packages are great including a pension plan and 401 plan. We have a credit union and extremely affordable health/prescription/eye and dental coverage.
I like that you can move up in the hospital. The hospital offers trainings to their workers if they want to progress and start a new occupation. Yale's employees are very well respected and treat their patients with respect as well. The work atmosphere is great for those who love to be surrounded by positivity.
Start Your Review of Yale-New Haven Hospital
Wonderful hospital and general an amazing staff. Unrealistic expectation about workflow on behalf of management. Often times units are understaffed and scrapping to find someone who will come in.
Great team, smart people that work there. Though it can be very busy, it is the most rewarding place to work at.
I love my job. I have the most amazing management that does everything they can to make sure I am taken care of. Everyone I work with is passionate about what they do. When I was hired, Yale was very clear that they do not believe in making cut, or layoffs in order to meet their bottom line. This is important in an economy where companies frequently do not value their employees and consider them expendable. My coworkers are like family, we all look after one another and always try to help one another. My managers are helpful and always try to help any time they can. Whether it be in times of financial need by organizing fund raisers, poor health by encouraging the use of sick time and catering to individual needs, or being a professional that I consult if I have issues on the job the administration and employees support one another in this organization. We even do team building exercises, in-services on new equipment, and weekly huddles to evaluate our progress on various goals.