Wise Regional Health System Reviews

Wise Health System is a small community hospital just outside the metroplex. Like all hospitals we are currently learning to adapt to HCAPS and constantly trying to advance and grow for our community. Unfortunately this is not always very nurse friendly and change is slow and tedious. Complaints from staff do not seem to be taken seriously enough and upper management seems to care too much about profit and loss and patient satisfaction scores vs what the patient may actually need (like all hospital these days it seems). Although middle management appears to be trying to find balance between the two.
Employees need more support and growth opportunities. Benefits are just okay and could use some work.
I started at WHS as a nurse extern on the CCU/ICU floor and could not have picked a better place to start my career. It is such a great learning environment with a very team oriented approach. I love my co-workers and the effort we all put in every single day to provide the best care possible to every patient we come in contact with at WHS.
As a nurse, the unit I work on is a VERY good place to work. I have no complaints about the unit that I work on. That being said, the actual hospital system is where we lose some stars. They take cuts to save money and it shows in what we have available as employees. The benefits are not anything to woo over. There is very much a "good ol' boy" stigma with the doctors and management.
Start Your Review of Wise Regional Health System
its close to home that's the good part. ER needs a new director and management needs to manage not micromanage or give their friends easy patient load and set schedules while everyone else gets "you'll work what your given or find another job"