Winthrop-University Hospital Reviews

Great place to work . Awesome people who care about pts and each other. Opportunity to move up and share talent and knowledge with others. Health benefits are extremely important and i feel this institution offers that. It is a teaching hospital so from X-ray to nursing to residents there are many fields people can go into and learn from this great teaching hospital. I have had nothing but great experiences and friendships that have one and gone here and will always carry this with me .
I don’t work full time for Winthrop but I’ve had a pleasant experience working for them for the past 3 years. The healthcare coverage is excellent and they keep all the employees informed with any changes that will be or could be happening to the hospital.
I am so grateful for my job as a Clerical Services Associate at NYU Winthrop Hospital. My coworkers are supportive, caring, and kind. As a student, I work part time evenings. My managers and coworkers are always very accommodating to my schedule and encourage me to pursue my education. However, every floor is different. My experience may be very different from someone else's.
Start Your Review of Winthrop-University Hospital
This is a friendly, transparent, and employee centered work place. It uses just culture and re-education tools instead of punitive methods to correct errors. The pay and benefits and in line and competitive with other hospitals on Long Island. I hope in the future it would increase tuition reimbursement in keeping with the high cost of graduate education. In keeping with being a Magnet designated institution, this hospital has always taken employee engagement surveys very seriously and focuses on fixing issues that employees raise and keep employees in the loop in regards to changes and mergers. Winthrop Hospital provides pleantiful opportunity for growth and education and hold education and certification in high regard and compensates employees accordingly.
NYU Winthrop is a good hospital to work at. Most of units' culture are positive. Having to work at a few different hospitals in New York, I would trust a loved one to go to this hospital if they needed (very significant comment coming someone who's worked there). They generally don't leave workers feeling like they're against the wall or can't get help if they needed it. It's a safe and friendly hospital.
This is a good place to work and is also very convenient. The employees work very hard to provide excellent care for patients.
V.I.P.’s matter most. A very sick patient can get the boot out of his/her private room to allow a VIP with a minor illness to stay. However, everyone is friendly. It’s a very RN’s are always right culture.
Great place to work. Good benefits and a diverse culture.We all work together to offer the best care for patients.
Working at NYU Winthrop has been an amazing experience. The manager and nurses are great to work with. I have been working here for 1 year and never had any issue. The patient care is excellent. The hospital is clean and they are always implementing new changes to make this a better hospital
NYU Winthrop has been a great experience and has let me grow professionally. I came into the organization part time overnights and within 2 years accepted a supervisor role within Patient Access. The leadership in my department and the hospital as a whole values hard work and honesty, rewarding those that go above and beyond. With the affiliation with NYU Langone on the horizon, I am excited to see continued change and embrace new challenges that lay ahead of myself and the organization.