About Winn-Dixie Stores
Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 39 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.39 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.39 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.39 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.39 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.39 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.39 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.39 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.39 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.39 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.39 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.39 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.39 responses
Winn-Dixie Stores Reviews
I've worked for Winn-Dixie for eight years in the pharmacy department and I've enjoyed it as much as working in a retail pharmacy is possible. I've gotten along with the majority of people I've worked with and the customer base is more than tolerable. The company itself has gone downhill since I've started working for them. I've always been considered part-time, even though many times I worked full time hours, and the benefits for part timers have significantly decreased. We used to have vacation pay but they discontinued that about 5 years ago. We used to get about 4 hours holiday pay on about 6 holidays. Now its down to just Christmas and Thanksgiving. Winn-Dixie keeps wasting money on changing uniforms and ridiculous promotions. It just seems like a poorly managed business. But, I've been fortunate enough to work along side some really wonderful people and that makes up for all the nonsense that we deal with.
To keep it short: I have worked in multiple departments. Front-end and Back-end. The front end does not treat males as the same to females. I took my leave from the Front-end department to move to the central/Back-end department; Best choice I've made so far. However, workers keep leaving other departments, and we have to fill those positions as well as do our own department; this caused to strain some of my fellow co-workers and they took leave. This does not stop the management assigning the workers more and more work each week. The workers, however, are an absolute blast to be around, and are very social with one another.
I like the ability to request off of work two weeks in advance, and agree with the policy of denying requested days off if later than two weeks in advance if the reason has been known for much longer. I also like the ability to have fellow associates take shifts. I would like the ability to have holidays such as thanksgiving off to spend time with family. I would also appreciate an increase in flexibility towards availability, as my school and volunteering schedule often changes. I would also suggest that it be easier to take time off in regards to certain situations such as illness, family related emergency, or other unexpected occurrences.