WestRock Reviews

I worked at the WestRock paper mill in Hopewell, VA as an accounting co-op. I found my supervisors to be kind people who gave me adequate time to complete projects, however, I found that intra-company communication leaves something to be desired. Assignments included mill vehicle record filing, record documentation and destruction, and purchasing receipts storage.
The pay wasn't bad. The strong showing of favoritism would be something that needs to change. The hours are long and the point system is a bit too strict. Didn't like not being able to take or plan vacations without having to worry about potentially getting pointed for missing work because no one was available for a shift swap. Overall the actual work load wasn't all that bad just the politics and everything that comes with that made the job unpleasant at times.
WestRock is growth quickly which ensure much opportunity career development. The employee base is diverse and friendly. With so much growth, the organization has done an excellent job of integration of acquisitions and ensuring adequate systems and technology. There are facilities all over North America. Best big company you're not familiar with! Solid benefits and compensation plan. Lots to do and great challenges if you want to work hard!
Start Your Review of WestRock
I am going on 4 1/2 years here and this job has been good to me. They employed me after a big lay off from my previous job due to management changing and I have been here every since. Because of a merger, I was able to transfer and move to a different division. I see endless possibilities with the company and room to advance and grow.
Great company that is loyal to it’s employees. There is room for advancement and the company is good on being resourceful with capital improvements. They’ve been making all of the right moves since the merger.
WestRock has a progressive outlook when it comes to packaging solutions. As a global company, there are many opportunities to grow and learn.
The hours that you are required to work at this facility are very difficult due to the changing shifts and additional overtime. The pay however is very good for the area that the location is in. Management is very sub-par and, in my opinion, needs a major overhaul. All in all you are a number working a production job, nothing more.