About Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 6 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.6 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.6 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.6 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.6 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.6 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 6 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.6 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.6 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.6 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.6 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.6 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.6 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.6 responses
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Reviews
Dependable job, and benefits, other than that, not much else to look forward to here. The administration does not take the work of security guards seriously, it created a hostile work environment between uniformed staff and administration. The union does not have anyone (at the time I was there) to represent the staff at negotiations, which led to us getting 0 pay raise during the CBA renewal. It was very political and you only got places if you stayed on a particular group of people's good side, whether you were qualified for the job or not. There are lots of turn over because people realize they are not treated fairly, and respected here.
WA DSHS values its employees. The benefits are great, the management has been great, and they promote from within. DSHS has shown me that they care about being as efficient as possible, remembering that we are funded by our tax payers. I not only feel like I'm doing a great service, but that my manager and employer appreciate the work that I do.
This isn't a bad place to work. There are a lot of differences in the workplace and there are options for growth. This environment isn't ideal for someone who needs support to grow. I have flexibility in my job but a lot of people do not have the same experience. There are a lot of people who are not great workers and the company does not fire them. They move them to other areas and it continues to be very frustrating for others. Time off and benefit are great. I enjoy working with my co workers. The team environment could improve if people were a little more positive. The company support healthy work and play balance.