Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Reviews

I have worked here for 20 years. This a very compassionate place and all employees are trained to assist visitors as needed. There is a lot of room for advancement. with the company and there seems to be a quite a few people with 10 years and well up to 40 years of service. The retirement plan and benefits of this company are great. I feel Blessed to be a part of this institution
The company does not pay the same weekend differentials as others in the area or extra for PRN nurses even though you get no benefits being PRN. They also do not pay more based on educational level or for advanced certifications. This makes nurses not want to advance their education because we don't get any incentives. The only pro for this company is that I loved my coworkers. The people are so friendly and helpful and the other staff are all really great.
I did not enjoy working at wake forest Baptist hospital. I currently work for a great company called Gastroenterology Associates of the Piedmont where they treat workers like humans and not robots.
Start Your Review of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
The politics in the department I work in makes it very frustrating at times. However there are good times amongst all the chaos because of the people I work with.
Great place to work, learn, and discover! I move here from VA to work at WFBMC and I'm so glad I did. They have continued to make improvements for their employees.
I like the diversity that is here, however you can see sometimes that others aren't willing to always embrace that diversity especially when it comes to positions or hierarchy.
I love working here. I have great management and a transparent environment. My co-workers are hard-working, friendly, and it is a real family environment on my unit. Patient acuity is high and the providers are very attentive and engaging. There is a strong interdisciplinary work environment that is fostered. Advancement and leadership opportunities in the department are encouraged. Also encourage continuing education
I love working at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. I am a health unit coordinator in the Comprehensive Cancer Center. I love that overtime is allowed and easy to obtain. Also the food options are awesome. The cafeteria has many different options daily to choose from.
Need more staffing and current scheduler is subpar. Lots of resources and good doctors, good food, great vital signs monitoring devices, great case workers.
It is fast paced and diversity of patients. The staff is young and helpful. Teamwork is essential on the unit! Management is great! I learned so much within a short period of time.
Wake Forest Baptist is a great place to work. The culture is very friendly with an emphasis on quality patient care and team work.