VHA Veteran's Healthcare Administration Reviews

I am able to serve my Veterans and make a change. Assist in the full range of nursing care to patients/residents with physical and/or behavioral problems in a hospital or long term care or outpatient setting under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
• Assists with communicating in person with patients/residents, families, and other interdisciplinary team personnel. It included serving as a preceptor to new Nursing Assistants by assisting with the coordination of their orientation, and overseeing/assessing their practical experience while in a clinical setting
• Able to recognize and react to emergent patient/resident care situations and intervene while waiting for assistance. For example, recognizing need for basic life support, controlling bleeding and assisting with behavior crisis.
great place to work. I tried for years to get on here. Now that I have, It's better than I thought.
The VA offers excellent benefits to include paid federal holidays, uniforms provided, generous shift differentials and and excellent staffing ratios.
Start Your Review of VHA Veteran's Healthcare Administration
Leadership accountability can be stabilized, performance improvement efforts are in place and producing positive patient outcomes
Well organized. Extensive group of professionals to learn from. Friendly, welcoming environment. Fast paced.
The VHA is a wonderful place to work at any point in your career. Having the opportunity to serve those who have provided outstanding service to our country is very rewarding.
Racially discriminatory towards African Americans. There is a great deal of favoritism, nepotism. Negative and demoralizing feedback from others that where advanced in positions of hierarchy, by either someone they know or be a relative of someone.
I have extensive experience in working with the mentally ill. I love it. This job can be quite challenging and rewarding. Working here is my way of giving bank to our nations heroes. Working as a mental health nurse here is great. I want to extend my services by becoming a psychiatric nurse practitioner
Veteran hospital is a good place to go for
most veterans and I personally recommend it since I’m a veteran myself. VA always valued my needs and accomdated everything I needed from a veteran hospital.
There are several units here to chose to work in. Mental health to acute care. There are many different schedules to work that can be chosen to accommodate your family needs. The facility is open 24/7 and they do pay differential for those off tour hours. You can chose 8 hr shifts 12 hr shifts, part time, third time, or full time. Many areas lab, dental, radiology, nursing, housekeeping, drivers, transportation, etc.