About Varsity Tutors
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.29 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.29 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.29 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.29 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.29 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.29 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.29 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.29 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.29 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.29 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.29 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.29 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.29 responses
- of employees responded with N/A when asked about the ratio of men to women.29 responses
- of employees responded with N/A when asked about the ethnic diversity of the organization.29 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.29 responses
Varsity Tutors Reviews
My experience at Varsity Tutors has been great so far! I got my first tutoring opportunity this week with a client, and the tutoring session went well! I got paid the same week, and the pay rate is great! I love having the freedom of setting my own hours and getting paid to do what I love, which is very fulfilling and rewarding. However, the number of tutoring opportunities that are available depend on the time of the school academic year, which is mainly high during the fall, winter, and spring semesters, where as during the summer semesters is fairly low.
It's a great job for a student - you can choose what subjects you tutor, and you can set your own hours and how much you want to work! Most of the students you'll get want to get better and improve, so it's more enjoyable than perhaps a large-scale teaching experience. It was pretty tough to get started with my first student (took about a month to get successfully set up with someone) but from there I haven't had much difficulty finding new students. Sometimes their tutor support or tech leaves something to be desired, but overall it's pretty good.
So far, working for Varsity Tutors has been an experience like no other. As a tutor I have been brought to life changing decisions. I have learned so many things about myself, including my own capabilities, and my strong desire to help others succeed. Previously, I was thinking of continuing my education for a final goal Mental Health Counseling. Over just a few months, I learned that I have a special heart for those who need additional special services. I know pursuing a degree in Clinical Psychology with a speciality in Neuroscience, will come with a long journey of education ahead of me, but I know how rewarding and worth it, it will be throughout the path. Thank you Varsity Tutors for providing me an opportunity to work for you. I see my time with students as a time to give each of of them an opportunity to reach their highest potential.