Vail Resorts Reviews

I had the wonderful opportunity to work during the winter as an Epic Mix Photographer Lead at Beaver Creek Ski Resort. As well as, during this current summer season, at Red Sky Ranch Golf Course as an Outdoor Service Attendant and Event Photographer.

It has been an unforgettable experience helping others by capturing moments on their vacations and ski trips that they will remember for the rest of their lives. I was also able to snowboard very frequently due to needing to be located at different places on the ski mountain at Beaver Creek. It gave me a chance to improve my Photography skills as well as my snowboard and customer interaction skills. It will be a winter season I will never forget and I thank Vail Resorts for giving me that opportunity.

At Red Sky I have had the chance to network with some of the most wealthy people I have ever met in my life. As well as, play some of the most beautiful golf courses I will surely ever experience.
I work at a very isolated and small ski resort. The motto is "A place without egos" so you can imagine that the people I work with are incredible. On the other hand, departments must rely on each other to make the whole system work efficiently and properly, and so sometimes assistance isn't reciprocated.
I would love to see ski patrollers get paid better than retail managers! Many ski patrollers start with minimum wage and the progression is slow. If a retail manager can start at $5-7 above minimum, why can't a person who is literally saving lives? Otherwise, the benefits are pretty good- but still don't make up for lack of pay.
Start Your Review of Vail Resorts
Vail is a great company to work for if you are the type to play the game. There are a lot of corporate politics and it tends to slow stuff down or muddle stuff up.
The ones that aren't helpful are downright angry people. IT issues that are out of your control will set you up to be fired without recourse and they will discourage you from talking to the others. If you love mountain winter sports they give you and an immediate family member a free Epic Pass, & you can get discounts at various retailers. The pay for the very few that started early and know all of the tricks to make their numbers better (management is fully aware this goes on), then it's great, but if you're not one of those, then expect base rate. They try to combine customer service with sales, which is not a good approach, this bogs down the sales people and make them less willing to actually help the clients. Also, they allow sales to be switched and do not keep track of what you have added to a sale, you must fill out a form each and every time, and this cannot be done after or before work, it must cut into active sales time.
Worth the ski pass, but inconsistent hours as a driver. Paid less than the Vail minimum wage of 12.25$/hour, but was made up in tips.
The locations are great to work at. But with the low pay scale you have to struggle to live in the high dollar areas that are around the ski resorts. You have to sacrifice a lot to be able to live comfortably.
Lots of job perks, but this company doesn't always go out of its way for you and the pay is quite low.
I have worked at Heavenly Mountain, which is part of Vail Resorts for 6 years. 2 as a Ski Patroller and 4 as a ski instructor.
I have worked for one of the Vail resorts for 10 years. I have been full time, part time, snowboard coach, ski coach, worked in product, sales, and service. I have been a supervisor in different departments over the last 6 years. I worked my way up from the ground and have been appreciated as I grew. I have been able to develop many employees and work with amazing people and clients. This is a place to start when you want to learn your way around any job. They have entry jobs and managerial jobs that you can work your way into. It is truly an experience of a lifetime, if you have never worked in this business.
I was a ski instructor for 3-6 year olds. The job was very fun and exciting. The staff and faculty members were extremely helpful and provided a friendly work environment.
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The ski pass benefits, health benefits, local discounts, and strategic brand discounts are amazing. They may not pay as high as other local business but they make up for it with their benefits packages.

I literally have the experience of a lifetime working for them.

They even have grants that they give to employees in need or seeking higher education.

They are there for you when you fall and when you rise up.

Be smart and join the crew.
The mountain ski resort is one of the most beautiful spaces in the United States. This year I will be working outside greeting guests. Management needs improvement in communication skills by clearing stating their exceptions.
I worked for the Canyons Resort in Park City, UT during the golf course season. I found it to be a marginal experience. The hours were long (generally 10+), plus the workload and labor was more tiring than what was sold to me when first applying -- plus you only knew when you were clocking in. I never went to a single shift knowing what time I'd be leaving. The work culture here is vacation-based, so I never got a sense of true management from higher ups; also had issues with verbal sexual harassment from coworkers.
I love the location of the job on a ski resort, it is a beautiful day everyday. The aims of the company is beyond its employees, they aim for money and expansion and don’t give back to its workers.
I have worked for Vail Resorts for many years now. They offer wonderful benefits and leadership development opportunities.
A really great company that actually cares about the happiness of their employees. Awesome perks such as discounts at retailers and resorts. It's a great environment to work in as everyone is understanding, kind, considerate, and super helpful!
Start Your Review of Vail Resorts
Great place to work because all the people are great. Not 5 stars because rules affect all departments even though not all departments need that rule.
I enjoy working at Vail resorts they provide employee housing close to the resort. the bus system is really good. the work environment is pretty chill and friendly.
I have worked for at a location before Vail had bought the resort and have seen the resort grow immensely. I have worked there since I was 14 and still work there today. It is one of the biggest resorts in Minnesota and some of the most fun I've had has been there