About US Postal Service
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 87 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.87 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.87 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.87 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.87 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.87 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.87 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.87 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.87 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.87 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.87 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.87 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.87 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.87 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.87 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.87 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.87 responses
About the Area
- Crime & SafetyB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
US Postal Service Reviews
The model of the Postal Service has quite an amazing structure. So many jobs and layers of responsibilities are needed to effectively run this service. The biggest drawback of the Postal Service is how long it takes to adapt to growth. We are approaching an era where the demand for package delivery is increasing exponentially, and we do not have the equipment to handle the volume. This is a struggle that the USPS will eventually overcome, but likely long after its competitors; Due to it's non-profit structure, contrary to the popular belief that USPS is federally funded.
Working for the Post Office can be stressful, but the pay is great. I am a letter carrier in the state of Wisconsin so it can definitely be challenging! Also in the summer, dealing with heat and keeping hydrated. I like that I have learned more about my city and also the city of Wauwatosa.
I am ALMOST off of probation and then there will be a wait to become a "regular" carrier. I really enjoy the work, but I do not enjoy worrying about being called off that day from work and hopefully, as time passes, my number won't be called on much, if at all!