US Navy Reviews

navy was the best preparation for life I could have asked for. I learned responsibility, accountability, organization, teamwork and communication.
As with everything in life, there will be positives and negatives. The Navy has provided me with unique opportunities to work with others all over the world in an effort to make a difference and serve my country. You can truly make something of yourself and help others along the way.
The opportunity to be hands on in humanitarian works and world conflicts is an opportunity like no other. Not only do I have the privilege of traveling the world, but I have been honored to meet so many new people of all different walks of life. I have met both my best friend and future wife. Couldn't be happier with my decision.
Start Your Review of US Navy
The experience I have gained over the 12 years that I have been in the Navy has taught me alot. Especially about the Computer job that I do, and this is something that I would like to continue to do once I am out.
Being in the US Navy is great. Many may negatively criticize their experience in the Navy, but it truly is what you make it. Working hard and having a positive outlook are the keys to success.
It's terrible I hate it. The insurance is good though, and so are the education benefits. Also, I am grateful to have a paycheck during this pandemic.
I have been active duty for 8 years in the US Navy. My job as a Corpsman is to provide safe, humane, legal and transparent medical care to active duty members and their families. I take great pride in being able to do so and it is all thanks to the Navy's world renowned training it provides to each and ever sailor.
I have thoroughly Enjoyed my time serving in the US Navy. My favorite part is being able to travel all over the world. And there is very little I would change.
Great for career progression and character building. Working in the US Navy has helped shape me into a better and more disciplined person.
Over 6.5 years of service and have very much enjoyed my numerous opportunities. Can be demanding and strict but also provides structure and guidance.
It’s not all peachy but overall experience is Very good and I will miss a lot of things after retirement. Great benefits and it’s always big plus in adult life.
I love it. Great job locations, health care is free, you get PTO, and maternity and paternity leave.
When I was a civilian, the US Navy was presented to me as the pinnacle of patriotism and a way to embark on an adventure. I signed up after graduating college with plans of becoming a sea faring warrior. Me and hundreds of other eager, and athletic young men entered boot camp to pursue our dreams. I immediately made friends with like minded individuals. After graduating bootcamp and entering into a training pipeline I felt I was on the launchpad for success. However, this dream was dashed as I suffered an injury during my training. After the severity of the injury was documented, I was dropped from the course and forced to go in an entirely different direction. The false narrative that I was fed by my recruiter led me to feeling like a failure. However, now I have a new dream, and a new fire burning within me. I want to attend graduate school and study both film and business. I am determined to take mistakes and turn them into tremendous victories.
It helps you figure out what you like and don't like. You also have financial stability and heath care the whole time you are in. You have the ability to travel and see places that you've never been to and you don't have to pay for it. The navy allowed me to live in japan for 3 years and explore different Asian cultures. I have grown a lot as a person and view life differently then i did before i joined the military. I highly recommend, that any one that has no idea on what they want to do and doesn't want to be stuck in a full time job at star bucks for 10 years, checking out their options with all the military branches. All you have to do is 4 years and your college is paid for!
Good and pretty amazing. Been a cook since I first joined the navy.

Very happy with my decision.
Politics aside the US Navy has been a great place to work and has provided security for myself and family.
I would like to see a change in financial counseling area of the service. I am very well aware of my financial situation, yet there is more that can be done to prepare sailors for their transition from the service. I love the ability to travel the world, and have the benefits of free health care. There aren't many other places that offer the programs available such as tuition assistance and the G.I. Bill. I am a part of a service that helps one another achieve unimaginable goals and there are many chances to meet some of the best and brightest people in the world.
Start Your Review of US Navy
Every day everyone makes me feel like family and always helpful. Having a mentor to help with career and education decision's. I feel that my employer builds environment of equal opportunity and respect.
The opportunity to gain knowledge and job experience is unmatched. There is a ton of time spent sitting and waiting, but you just have to learn how to utilize your time. Different chains of command have their ways of doing things and things are constantly changing and rarely stay the same from day to day.
My experience in the Navy has been a rollercoaster. I wouldn't change it for the world and would do it all over again if given the chance. I've learned and experience so much more than most do and for that I am thankful.