About U.S. Customs and Border Protection
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.6 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.6 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.6 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.6 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.6 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.6 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.6 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.6 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.6 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly men.6 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.6 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.6 responses
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Reviews
My overall experience at U.S. Customs and Border Protection is an extreme mix. The culture here is political and your employment status here depends on who you know and whom are their connections with power. You could start at the top, or work your way to the top and have the best of pay, schedule, work, etc., but if you upset the wrong person then it could all be over so fast you would have difficulty figuring out what to do. If you get employed here and those same people like you, then regardless of how much you know or how little you know, you can excel to better positions with better pay. A person without any experience can be placed into a much higher position and never really need to worry about performing the work they have assigned to them, because the actual work could be given to other employees to do. The credit of the work would go toward the original employee, not necessarily the employee that actually performed the work.
Great job security and benefits. No issues, to report or complain about. 40+hr work weeks, a lot of over time in some areas. 2 weeks of pto a year. Depending on the location there are many different work groups to be apart of, and may collateral duties as well. Opportunites to work over seas with your lodging paid.
Excellent Benefits and opportunity for mobility and advancement. The agency encourages employees to diversify skills and offers locations all over the country.