UPMC - Shadyside Reviews

I liked the community at Shadyside Hospital. Everyone worked together as a team to make sure that patients and their families were happy and taken care of. My only complaint was that employees had to pay for their parking, which was generally pretty expensive.
I had a bad experience at UPMC Shadyside. The people I worked with were very unpleasant, and mean. They treated students very poorly. They made the job unenjoyable, and created a lot of drama. Patients were normally nice, but I felt they were also not treated with the best care. Workers lacked empathy and patience in my experience.
I work with great people. However, hospital politics can be very frustrating. As a young African American woman, I tend to hear very ignorant things from fellow co-workers but even though I’d like to discuss it, some people become very defensive.
Start Your Review of UPMC - Shadyside
UPMC has an outstanding reputation for health care. They integrate their values through required trainings for employees throughout the year and by holding each other accountable. The Shadyside location in particular has been a great place to work over the past year. The other staff works well together as a health care team to ensure the best care for patients.
Coworkers are always wiling to help out, but management is a little behind on being strict about call-offs
I am knew to UPMC - Shadyside but so far I have only seen good things. Patients and coworkers alike have said wonderful things.