University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics Authority Reviews

Great company to work for with great advancement opportunities. The location downtown Madison, WI is a great city to work in.
Love the collaborative atomosphere and how everyone is willing to help each other out. Very homey even though it’s a large community
I was hired here to be a Master's Swim Coach because of the major I graduated with. In general, I've had some past experience, but I was helped at the beginning to allow me to plan sufficient classes. I also am a lifeguard, where I work with the patrons. A great majority of them are present because they are rehabbing after an injury. Over 2 years later and I am very happy at this job!
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics Authority
UW Health offers some great benefits, such as retirement and contributions to healthcare for employees. I would like to see parking change, as it is extremely expensive and the cheaper options do not have shuttles run at the hours I need them.
UW Health is great place to work. However, in the past year or so it has become apparent that they are sacrificing worker happiness and support to increase bottom line. They need to change how they are trying to get pennies from the fromt line and maybe look to the executive level on places to save money. The front line is not adequately supported to be able to do the cost saving initiatives that are being set down feom upper management.
I appreciate the fact that the attending physicians are eager to teach and help the employees grow in their careers.
When I first started at UW I loved it! As a nursing assistant I had the perfect amount of autonomy on night shift. After three years at UW, they started mandatory "flexing down" which meant being sent home without pay. I was told by the Nursing Director that I "was lucky to have a job" and "that even she had to sacrifice part of her bonus" (meanwhile we didn't get bonuses...). Definitely makes you feel like you are a small bean at a large company.
Really good atmosphere but hours are demanding to a certain extent. 12 shifts are recommended for entry level positions and the turn around rate is pretty high for nursing skilled employees. Really enjoy the corporate input on patient care and incentives provided quarterly for employees.
University Hospital of Madison WI is a level 1 trauma center. Known for the largest organ transplant unit, burn center, and Carbone cancer center. UW Hospital has been listed as the #1 hospital in WI and is one of the top research centers in the nation. Working for UW Hospital has been a wonderful learning experience while I attend school for nursing. I look forward to every day where I can help others and gain knowledge.