University of Virginia Medical Center Reviews

I have worked at UVA Health System for almost 18 years and will continue to do so! It is an institution dedicated to patient safety and providing evidence based care. The system participates in and conducts research studies.
I love it here! I’m in a waged position so a lot of my answers reflect that position but paid positions get health care benefits and nigh shift even gets to park in the garage during work. I enjoy the floor I’m on and though at times we are short we’ve grown to have a great dynamic. I enjoy the patient population as well and have learned so much! If I ever have a problem we have meeting monthly to voice our opinions and I’ve always felt comfortable talking about anything. We get a say in our schedule and our scheduling manager really considers us. The pay is pretty good, but we do get two yearly raises, they aren’t usually more than some change but every little bit counts. The floor I work on had become my family
It would benefit employees if we had More staffing and work places space. Nurses would be able to provide better care to our patients if our work place was better suited for us.
Start Your Review of University of Virginia Medical Center
parking on dayshift is horrible! good learning environment. you get to use your skills on a daily basis.
I came in to an entry level potion and because I showed good work ethic I was moved to a better position within six months, and moved up again just before my first year ended . If you work and show up on time every day you can move up quickly. A employer paid pension plan is part of the benefits package along with health care options to fit any size family at a fair price.
Came here for the benefits and the clinical ladder. Hired at a Clin 2, 2 years later Clin 3, and 4 years after that Clin 4. In grad school for my NP and plan on working here after graduation.
Great place to work. Fair compensation. Great growth opportunities. I started as a nurse 10 years ago and have had ample opportunities to increase my education and compensation. Although many hospitals in the area may pay a little better, this organization has many benefits that are not matched by smaller facilities.
I have worked here for the past 13 years on the same unit. I love it here, my manager is awesome. I plan on working here after nursing school.
The hospital is a great learning environment. Everyone is treated with respect and their opinion is listened to. When taking care of patients, if you have a suggestion on how to treat them, it is given consideration and not ignored or dismissed.
I have worked here since July of 2017 and it is the best healthcare job I have had so far. I enjoy it here and look forward to advancing my career.
My job at UVA Medical Center has been extremely valuable and very fun. It's given me a chance to do what I love with a population I want to work with and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Lots of opportunities in multiple different departments. This facility has such a variety of areas of learning and study that you can always find your niche. The facility is great about giving you the opportunity to check out multiple areas before you choose and if you find that department or area is not really a good fit for you then you are given the opportunity to try a new area of work or study. There is also an opportunity to work in the field of research. This facility has many extra benefits for their staff.