University of Texas Medical Branch Reviews

UTMB is a nice place to work, it is very good job if you are considering going back to school. It can be hard to take days off and they have made new rules, that you are punished when you need to call in sick.
UTMB is a very safe and protective environment. The care provided reaches across a broad spectrum. UTMB is a very diverse and open community.
Solid place to work, but all areas are different
Would like to see them being back tuition reimbursement benefits.
Start Your Review of University of Texas Medical Branch
I absolutely love the clinic that I work in. Every work place of course has it ups and downs but this one has more ups than down. The staff is great and the pediatricians are awesome.
I am a nursing school student and I actually really enjoy it. Though it's pretty tough because its an accelerated program the school is equipped with an abundance of resources and the faculty is extremely supportive.
It is okay. There is a lot of work too many chiefs and not enough indians. Upper management is horrible, and do not know how to treat there employees. The benefits are great.
Working for this company for some years now and I can truly say it has been a great experience. There are excellent benefits and the managers and supervisors are always there to help. They are very flexible with your schedule as well.
I have worked at UTMB for about 9 Years. I have learned so much here as a Medical Assistant. I was very nervous and scared when I first started working here. However, UTMB has many ways of teaching their employees how to do their job properly. I have worked for Women's clinic for the last 7 years. I enjoy women's because there is a lot of hands skills you learn.
I love everything about my job. This is one place where you get the opportunity to grow. Compensation and benefits are awesome. The work/life balance is the best.
The University of Texas Medical Branch is a wonderful place of employment and professional growth. Educational advancement if highly encouraged.
UTMB is contracted by TDCJ to provide medical, dental, and mental health care to incarcerated individuals. The benefits are wonderful, including goodmedical insurance, paid holidays, and the opportunity to accrue vacation and sick time. However, the pay is subpar, especially given the things we must endure to work in the correctional environment. It seems if pay were higher, less turnover would occur, and the company could spend less training new people.