University of Tennessee Medical Center Reviews

I worked as a patient care attendant for UT Medical while I attended UTK. I honestly really enjoyed it. I was able to study or read during most of my shifts. The staff were really nice and always checked on me to make sure I was okay or if I wanted a break. I am only giving 3 stars because sometimes when they didn't have patients that needed a sitter they would send me home. Other than that it was great! Free coffee on some of the floors too! They also have Nurse Tech training programs that if you want to do you just have to tell your manager.
I like the fraternity of the Medical Center. Despite stressful situations, we were there for each other. I would like to see the Medical Center pick up more slack as a company and support its workers.
I love my job and the people I work with. They are wonderful people who care deeply about their patients. I am going back to school so I can be a nurse and work along side these wonderful people. If I could see anything change it would be patient to nurse ratios. There is a lot of difference of opinion on the nurse to patient ratios and what some people feel is a safe number and what others consider to be pushing the limit.
Start Your Review of University of Tennessee Medical Center
I love working at UTMC! I’ve been afforded many opportunities and everyone here genuinely cares for serving others. The pay isn’t excellent but it’s the entire market in East Tennessee.
I love the challenging patients we get at this learning institution. There are ample learning opportunities. There are many CEUs available online to nursing staff, free of charge. Starbuck's onsite. Compensation is low, retention is low, staffing is low and below average.