University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview Reviews

Not safe staffing and better management. Pay could be better and also health care is not really good. To many inexperienced nurses and the word TEAMWORK lacks so much.
Great place to work during school and get some experience. An opportunity for you to get ahead while still in school. they hire many students so they try to work around students schedule also. Nice environment depending on the department. Everyone is willingly to help. orientation and preceptors are excellent. Fairview had helped me gain many experience on patient care to hospital setting. I enjoy working with fairview and hope to be employed there after graduating school.
I absolutely love working for this company. They company takes care of you, the actually care about their employees and I love coming to a friendly, safe, clean environment
Start Your Review of University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
I liked best the employees I worked with. Most were very welcoming and willing to answer questions, help and provide a calm and respectful work environment. What I would like to see change is the bed side care and overall interest of the doctors. On every unit I have worked on and floated to the doctors do not take time out of their shift to meet and talk with their patients. I'm sure they are all intelligent people but their work isn't any more important than the nurses. It would be nice to see them not only improve their knowledge in the medical field but their customer service and willingness to work with other team members.
Overall I love working at UMMC. I have been here for 10 years and moved up three positions. The hospital is a very fast paced acute environment which can be stressful but also allows employees to thrive.
I like that this is a teaching hospital and everyone has opportunities to advance.there isnt a day that goes by that l dont learn something new..ygae atmosphere is stellar.and l am happy that l was given an oppurtunity to ve here and advance my career in nursing.