University of California Irvine Medical Center Reviews

My experience working here is excellent & energetic at the same time. I've gained a lot of new skills working at this great hospital. Incredible customer service and co-worker at this medical center.
Worked at UCI Medical Center as volunteer for several months now and I can say it's a workplace that really carries out its purpose: to treat and heal people in a safe and comfortable environment. Employees are social and very nice, but they are also efficient at what they do and make the hospital a productive place.
I have worked at UCI for 14 years and I am part of a healthcare delivery system that makes a positive difference in the lives of medically indigient people. Most of our patients come from underserved populations, uninsured, homeless, non-English speaking immigrant...we serve them all. Regardless of their walk of life, if they come to UCI, we will treat them with the best medical care for whatever their physical problem is. We also have an inpatient psychiatric facility to treat mentally ill youth and adults.
Start Your Review of University of California Irvine Medical Center
I have worked in an Administrative position at UC Irvine Medical Center for five and a half years. It pays higher than the normal hospital, with a very large portion coming Through my time, I have met a multitude of employees, patients, and visitors will different situations.

Over the years, the complaints have lessened in regards to nurse handling and overall safety. In order to better these aspects the hospital did multiple waves of letting people go, people that have been there an incredibly long time and hiring younger, less expensive management or promoting internally without filling the now missing lower position. This caused a lot of discomfort among staffers, but it seems to have ceased since they stopped the releases.

On a more positive note, they have stepped up immensely in ensuring the safety of both patients and workers by having more security personnel at the entrance of the hospital to make sure all visitors receive wrist bands and clearance.
Working here has been a great opportunity to learn about the hospital administration field. As well as working with other professionals who have mentored me and giving me advice about future career possibilities.
As my first real office job, my experience at the UCI Med Center has been worthwhile. My supervisor is understanding, witty, and knowledgeable about her field. My co-workers are engaging and create a relaxing environment to work in. I am very fortunate to have found this position with its flexible hours. The skills I've learned can be used and applied to future positions as well.