UnityPoint Health - Meriter Reviews

Good work environment, managers and coworkers are easy to work with. Very close to my home and close to to the downtown area. There is a parking shortage so parking is typically an issue. You either have to pay to park in the ramp or park remotely and take the shuttle in.
Upper Management recognizes employees for going above and beyond. Although it is a large company, I feel like part of a family and know that what I do each day truly makes a difference. Meriter has campaigns throughout the year to help the community and also has an employee health incentive program.
Unitypoint seems to be a company all about the business, and not the people. They claim to value their employees, but do very little to show it. Even when it comes to promotions, people currently in a role are passed over simply because someone has a different opinion. It's not all bad, but the employees are not number one.
Start Your Review of UnityPoint Health - Meriter
Compensation could be higher. Vacation time could be improved and holiday's come out of your ET. Everyone is friendly and tend to get along with one another. Schedules are predictable, and early enough to have an average work/life balance.
Overall my experience here was a good one. As to any job, there are pros and cons to working here. But the pros outweighed the cons.
I overall love the set up of Meriter. They are very personable to each and every individual. There are always opportunities to honor other employees for the good things they do. They pay very well for the positions, and the benefits here are great! The wellness program here is also awesome!
I started out working at this hospital in 2015 and had worked there for 3 years. If I didn't have to move to another city for college, I would of continued to work there. The managers and supervisor were great and listened to what is needed in the department. I had plenty of paid vacation time due to the earn time points given every paycheck. I loved it here.