UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Reviews

Our hospital is very respected in our community. I am proud to say I am a part of it. It is a great place to work and a place I love to come. I look forward to treating our patients, help them feel better and get back to look life. I know what it's like to put your life "on hold" for a medical reason. Even if we cannot make them feel better physically we can offer conversation to help ease anxiety's. It not just about treating the patient but also treating the patients family as well. When someone is sick it's a family affair. Not just a patient. My hospital is in desperate need of CMAAs, CBCSs, CEHRSs. There is a shortage in our area. I have found a trade school program that will be a 23 week course and I can sit for my certifications through the National Health Administration. I not only want to complete this for myself, but more importantly to help my employer for the past 17 years and our community. I know I can pass these course. I just need a little help with tuition left over
I really love working for this company. Although there are many different areas to work within the company and hospital, I believe there is something for everyone. The company strives to create a great work environment for everyone. They offer good benefits from gyms, certain areas for tuition assistance, PTO, medical-dental-and vision benefits, bonuses, discounts for local activities, and much more. The staff is nice and there is an excellent sense of teamwork to accomplish all of the daily tasks.
I am so glad I applied and got the job at UnityPoint. I've been here for over a year and I cannot wait to expand my learning and this company really allows for you to do so. Relationships between employees are usually very good and the general atmosphere is very friendly as we all take care of each other. Sometimes there is miscommunication between the different departments within the hospital, which is sometimes inevitable, but that is definitely one thing that might need some work. Overall, I think that UnityPoint Health is a great place to work and it is definitely a place where employees can grow and expand their knowledge. If you are looking to work in a friendly environment with individuals who can help you exceed in your field, UnityPoint is the place you want to be.
Start Your Review of UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
UnityPoint has a strong community based presence and reaches out to many of the underserved. It makes me proud to say that I work for UnityPoint as their values are evident at each patient encounter. Patients matter and so do the employees!
I love Unitypoint hospital because it is a great environment to work in. Everyone are very friendly and hard working. It is a healthy environment to work in. I love how diverse the environment is. Everyone kind toward one another. I look forward to going to work everyday. I am also in school full-time and work part-time as well.
I like work for Unitypoint Des Moines because it has allowed to grow and figure out what I want to be and who I want to be.
The corporate culture is fantastic and they have a clear vision of where we are and where are going. My management is great and so is the compensation.
It has been a plethora of knowledge. It was busy and required a steady work ethic. It is fast paced so you need to be able to multitask and understand what is going on.
I love working here. "Iowa nice" is evident from the hallways to patient rooms to managers' offices.
Unitypoint senior leadership is decent and looks for ways to grow the company and keep them competitive during the major changes in healthcare. Department management was non-existent and didn't like their ideas to be challenged.
Pretty good place to work but healthcare is in a place of transition so areas are ever evolving. The workplace provides good work/life balance with some remote possibilities. I would say benefits are a little lacking for the size of organization.
The nurses, techs, and doctors are all very welcoming. It is a wonderful place to work! The only draw back is the employee benefits for weekend package. These benefits are pretty expensive.
The culture here is amazing. People are amazing, and they do a fantastic job of honoring their best asset - their people.
Values hold my personal belief in how health care should be, every patient treated as I would want to be treated as a patient.
I like the people I work with they are hard working and do a wonderful job. Would love to see management be more involved with their employees and give praise when things are completed in a timely manner.
I love this company. They really listen to the employees. They have given me a place to grow as a professional.