About United Airlines
Airlines & Aviation
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.26 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.26 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.26 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.26 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.26 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.26 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.26 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.26 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.26 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.26 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.26 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.26 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.26 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.26 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.26 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.26 responses
United Airlines Reviews
As a new flight attendant you begin your career on call with ten days off a month. Everything regarding your schedule as a flight attendant is dependent on seniority. When you have seniority, you are able to hold better schedules as a reserve and better trips as a line holder (when you know all of your trips for the month and are not on call). As a whole, the job is fairly flexible. You can work for the first half of the month and have the second half off if that is what works for you. The company also offers leaves, which you can take if you want a break from flying. This will allow me to attend school near my domicile without quitting my job, while being able to fly during the summer. Overall, I think there a ways to make this career match your lifestyle regardless of what it may be while also offering great benefits!
The work environment at United Airlines is friendly yet stern and professional. Specially, here in the Miami area where there are exotic people everywhere. I love helping people, so I enjoyed the role as customer service agent, I've had to help people in many ways; from reservation problems to boarding passengers at the gate, working the flight, to making accommodations when necessary. Now, this work environment is a very high-speed work place where you literally can have 3 sets of 300 total of passengers for 3 different flights all checking in, that's about 900 passengers plus about 10 standbys per flight, totaling to about roughly 930 passengers at once. once you're used to it, it's nothing. specially, my favorite and most commented on is doing the announcements for the flights! There is no room for stage freight! but it's not as hard as it seems, it only gets easier. Also, a flexible schedule is 100% needed for this job, only because with delays come the mandatory stays.
Great Atmosphere! Spectacular Friendly Customer Service. Agents are very family oriented among one another. Flying experience is one of the best. Strives to get customers to their destination, on-time and most important, safely.