UCSF Medical Center Reviews

I love the learning environment as UCSF Medical Center. Everyone employed there is willing to learn and to teach. Everyone is super friendly and manages patient care well. The place is extremely clean and I would definitely recommend UCSF to all of my family and friends. Something that can be improved is the parking situation. There is not much parking in the area and the parking garage charges an extreme amount. There should be a more cost efficient way for parking.
Staff are friendly and helpful- makes for easy transition being a new employee.
They genuinely care for the patients and the families. The staff make you feel you belong as part of their family, treating each other with respect. I recall a family member had once stated " people who work here seem really happy to be here- they are all so nice to us. It must be so much fun to work with you guys!"
As a student nurse, I was assigned a busy unit. The staff nurse was having such a terrible day. The staff nurse had to take her scheduled break and told the charge nurse she still has so much to do. The charge nurse told her, it's fine but to let her know what she would need. The staff nurse went on her break and returned with all she needed done. She was so surprised and told the charge nurse she just made her day. I thought-"Wow! What an awesome team!"
Working at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital has been such a pleasure! The level of patient care as well as relationships among staff members is excellent. There are an immense amount of resources in every department and the staff members I have had the pleasure of meeting are friendly and efficient in completing work!
Start Your Review of UCSF Medical Center
Very good experience. Great for a cornerstone it is a teaching facility. If you work here you can work anywhere! Great health benefits, decent pay, only down fall would be location is busy which means hard to find parking.
Great benefits, PTO, and sick time. The starting pay is also great and there is a lot of opportunity to grow. The only complaint I have is there is not a lot of parking near the hospital and it is expensive to park in the garages so definitely recommend taking public transportation if possible.
Its pretty open overall and a good place. The employees are great however the management staff is very bureaucratic and at times condescending.
UCSF is a Great place to work. My coworkers are very supportive--we work as a team; management are always available. There are always opportunities to grow. Benefits and pay are very competitive for the area.
For the past 2 years I have served in a number of roles at the University of California, San Francisco -- Medical
School (UCSF), and it's been an amazing experience! I am an Executive Assistant to several high level executives, including the CEO, CFO, COO. I support a multi-site clinical trials with all communications, scheduling, business development and operational duties. I utilize excellent customer service skills as the first point of contact in the office for guests, faculty, health professionals, and I perform various clerical duties, including scheduling using Google Applications, and Outlook. It's been an honor to work with such passionate professionals who truly want to change people's lives through medicine. It help shaped my overall view on the importance of healthcare and the reason why I am continuing my efforts to become a medical professional by going back to school.
I love working for a company that really puts patients first. I have excellent coworkers who really help me to go the extra mile to do my job. Management can sometimes be difficult and it seems as though there is a lot of red tape.
I've been with UCSF for seven years and will be sad to leave once I move away for school. I'm in housekeeping and I feel I'm a valued, respected, team member in the hospital. Management is great, we get quite a bit of paid time off, and the health benefits are amazing.
Great place to work. Friendly staff, physicians. It's a fun environment, even though we are at work. It's great to like your job!
The salary and benefits were good and the facility itself was great but the staff and management made the experience very unpleasant.
The HR department took a very long time to onboard me, but my experience has been very positive. They treat entry level researchers very well but so not really provide much more perks than free water or coffee.