About The TJX Companies Inc.
Clothing, Fashion & Textiles, Consumer Products, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 108 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.108 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.108 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.108 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.108 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.108 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.108 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.108 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.108 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.108 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.108 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.108 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.108 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.108 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.108 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.108 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.108 responses
The TJX Companies Inc. Reviews
Working at TJ Maxx has always felt like working with family. Everyone is friendly and helpful. They offer benefits after 2 years I believe - such as paid sick/personal/vacation time, 401K, dental, etc. The employee discount is only 10%, with the exception of pop up 20% off weekends. The pay is minimum wage ($13/hour) unless you become a coordinator, which then you’ll get an extra $2 added to your pay rate ($15/hour). They have just recently gave out bonuses with the amount depending on your length of time working with them. They do conduct raises but it’s very small, like up to .70¢ I believe. This job is perfect for going to school, the Summer, or just to be able to cover small bills and personal expenses. Not ideal or possible to live off of this job, but it’s a great company to work with!
Immediately after my interview and I was given a wage to be hired at I went through the check out line and purchased a couple of things my cashier was so excited to have me work there, I’ve neber worked we’re everyone was so welcoming. I have had an amazing expirence with the orientation and learning the ropes of the company. They are so nice to work with and make you feel completely at home in their store. The store I am currently working at received a new store manager who started the same day as me and he made it a point to come into my orientation to meet me as I am his newest CSC! They have a great work/home life schedule! They want you to be apart of your families lives which the last company I worked for didn’t.
It seems to me that everyone who is not corporate is trying desperately to have the workplace be this lovely place where people are treated like people and cared for. But then corporate says,"We want to stick to our ancient ways and have you work with brand new problems in retail with the same old equipment for money reasons! Don't forget to sell our useless credit card!" It's such a shame, because this could be a fantastic place to work. However, poor higher up management leads to heavily stressed workers and high turnover for the most needed positions.