The Hershey Company Reviews

I enjoyed working at Hershey's Chocolate World for several summers due to my awesome coworkers and generally fun job. However, there were little to no opportunities for advancement and I definitely could not make a living working here. For those who did get promoted, decisions didn't seem fair, and it also didn't seem fair how their gave raises.
I live in Hershey and it is great! I love going on the chocolate world ride and obviously eating the candy. Hershey park is a fun place to be and a good place for kids to enjoy. The Only thing is that in the summer it is very busy.
The environment is fine, but some coworkers might be troublesome. The work environment is fine and not crowded and we have plenty of room to work. They do have generic work rules that are common sense and they offer a decent amount of time to eat if you bring your own food. 30 minutes is a bit difficult to travel somewhere to get food.
Start Your Review of The Hershey Company
I really enjoyed working for the Hershey Company. I loved making Twizzlers. The Company provided great benefits for the employees including Health Insurance, 401 K, and Paid Vacation. One thing that I did not enjoy was the amount of mandatory overtime that was required to do. I work second shift and sometimes we would work for a month straight with no time off.
I worked in food service at Hershey's Chocolate World for 3 years before moving to the cash accounting department and have worked here for 1 1/2 years. It is a good first job, but after awhile you become frustrated. There are too many levels of managers, and the lack of communication due to the levels is frustrating. Most of the managers only care about making money and not about taking care of the employees which is what causes such a high turnover rate. It is crazy busy during the summer and can be very stressful due to the high volume of tourists. If you get overwhelmed easily, it will not be a good job for you.
Love working for the Hershey Company, very fair with everything. The co-workers are always easy to get along with at any job for the Hershey Company. They pay pretty well also.
The people are nice. Switching over to Hershey Lean is making the company more efficient , however corporate did not have enough oversight on the roll out process and it can be confusing to know what to prioritize. Communication is sometimes difficult and job priorities are not made well known.
Dealing with crowds of people can be stressful. Some co-workers are difficult to work with. But overall, a pleasant work environment and a fun place to work, especially if you like kids!