The Hartford Reviews

The pay is not competitive, hq doesn’t care about employee opinions, and claim count is absolutely ridiculous.
Great company with strong leadership, values and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Flexible work arrangements are available and encouraged, management is transparent and quick to make decisions. Overall, a wonderful company to work for at all levels.
A company with great benefits. I would say it's a great place for people looking for a long term career with one company. There is the opportunity to advance especially if you stand out.
Start Your Review of The Hartford
I enjoy working with all my coworkers and direct managers. Everyone is hospitable and supportive of your development. Corporate has difficulty in understanding the specifications of our area and tend to create policies and programs that are not cohesive with our work.
Good Pay and a lot of PTO provided. The medical benefits could be a lot better as far as coverage and pricing.
This is a great place to work. Good work life balance and room for quick advancements management encourages you to succeed and sets goal right along with your to assure you achieve them
A company that cares and it’s customers, the community, and it’s employees. Lots of room for advancement and many training and coaching opportunities. Offices countrywide and some positions as remote work eligibility.
When I started working for the Hartford, I had virtually no experience in the insurance industry. While I am grateful for the opportunity to have learned more about insurance, and as I appreciate the fact that the Hartford took a chance on me, I'm not totally satisfied in my position with the company. Within six years, I have had four managers, two of them unwilling to learn the product that I was hired to work, which is made the past two years a difficult experience. I have seen multiple changes and several layoffs take place over the six years, which does not give much a surance that my little department will be here for the long haul. The bonuses are decent, and the raises are poor. I am grateful however for the free life insurance, and the 401K that is growing, albeit based on how the stock market is trending.
I could not ask for a better place to work, they are always encouraging growth within the company and within yourself!
The Hartford is a place where young professionals are welcome. The Hartford is a place of great integrity and they truly believe in the power of inclusion. The belief that the more people we have from various walks of life permeates throughout the company creating a very well rounded and diverse staff of individuals offering an array of talents and ideas. The culture is one of constant excitement and joy, people genuinely love coming to work on a daily basis.