About The Fresh Market
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.15 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.15 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.15 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.15 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.15 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.15 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.15 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.15 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.15 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.15 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.15 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.15 responses
The Fresh Market Reviews
For a part time job as a college student, this job has been satisfactory! I have worked in two different locations and each time I have had very different experiences. I have noticed that management changes quite frequently (especially store managers) and this makes the dynamic in the store change quite often. I have enjoyed my experience with this company; however, I do not know that I would enjoy it as much if I were working full time.
I appreciate the emphasis on customer service in the business. However, I would like to see better quality in management regarding inventory. In addition, the payment system with the Fresh Market is very disorganized regarding discounts of meal deals that do not go through when all of the items are scanned in the cash register. There are times were specials, for examples the "Little Big Meal," are not taking the discount off of the system when the customer's groceries are scanned. This can create dissonance and frustration between the company and the guest.
I have gone from part time to a department head, a certified trainer, and a key holder. I enjoy working with my coworkers and we have a close bond. Training is a serious flaw with this company. They hire in department heads and assistant store managers and have current employees and department head train them regardless of those departments’ flaws and weaknesses, then provide no further development. Rather than develop and promote from within they have preferred those outside hires. There are many hourly employees that coast through with call outs and poor performance because HR tosses out write ups anytime an employee is set to be terminated for those write ups. Which in turn leaves many store managers not using them because they know that when the day comes, the documentation doesn't matter. After a lot of shake-ups in upper management, I feel as though they finally have the right people at the top to make the changes happen.